I love researching new things to try in the kitchen, new trends to explore, books to read or products to try. The last few months I really focused on my hair. I felt like the usual routines were leaving my hair dull and perhaps trying new things would spice it up!
My general hair routine is pretty simple. I wash every 2 or 3 days, dry shampoo as often as needed and air dry always. The last part is probably what keeps my hair pretty healthy. But currently, I’m in a need of haircut and the cold weather is adding some dryness. Keeping my hair looking (somewhat) healthy and styled effortlessly requires some help. These products are giving my hair new life, and helped manage my super long hair so I will definitely keep them in rotation.
1. Bumble & Bumble Strong Finish Hairspray: I love trying new hairsprays. Its the one product that I’m not so picky on but I absolutely know a good one when I see/feel/use it. This one smells divine, holds the curl my super straight hair for a few hours and it has a twist cap. I don’t know about you, but for some reason I always loose the caps to my products. Having a twist-lock nozzle is especially great for travel! Also, it doesn’t feel sticky or build up after multiple use.
2. Aveda Shampure Dry Shampoo: In every hair post, I talk about dry shampoo. It really is essential to daily life, especially as a mom with a busy schedule. Ask me what I would bring to a deserted island and it would be this dry shampoo.
I am not a fan of aerosol spray dry shampoos! Hold the spray bottle one second too many in one spot, and the sticky buildup and white color becomes visible in my dark hair. For more control of application, I used regular baby powder for some time until a lot of them were discontinued due to correlation to health problems (yikes!). So I was jumping for joy when I received the Shampure Dry Shampoo! Its non-aerosol powder has a twist nozzle, and I just have to lightly squeeze the bottle for a fresh puff of powder to release into my roots. Sometimes I even spray into my hands to apply in harder to reach/see places around my head. Admittedly, it took me a few times to learn how to squeeze the bottle at just the right pressure. The first time I had enough powered mist to make me a blonde. 🙂 Lastly, all the natural powders and flower essence used in this product makes my hair smell so good! It is definitely the best dry shampoo I’ve ever tried, and let’s just say I’m somewhat of a dry shampoo connoisseur at this point (the perks of mom life!).
3. Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Primer: During the holiday season, I curled my hair a lot for events and a busy social life. Keeping it from looking dry and damaged became a goal. I found BB’s Invisible Oil helped nourish and protect my hair even when I had to curl and re-curle multiple days in a row. It doesn’t feel greasy or oily (weirdly enough since its an oil), but more of a conditioner. I usually spray on dry hair 15 or 20 mins before I curl, and it gives the finished do’ a smooth healthy look!
4. xTava Curling Iron: Like I mentioned above, curly is pretty much the only way I do my hair. I love the xTava 5-in-1 because it gives me options to change up size and volume of my curls. It includes 5 interchangeable ceramic tourmaline barrels ranging from large barrels with clamps to small clipless tapered wands. I usually use the 1 inch barrel for tighter curls so they last longer.
This curling iron is perfect for travel since its so light and all the pieces pack well. The pack includes a heat resistant glove (for the clipless barrels) and zip travel case.
5. Hair Ring: I was looking to buy traditional hair ties a few months ago and stumbled up on this amazing invention. The Invisibobble hair ring is a modern hair tie that holds hair evenly and just enough strength to keep a ponytail in place! I usually get headaches when I wear my hair up all day, but this fun contraption prevents that and all the annoying kinks and tangles as with regular hair accessories. If you have super thin hair, I’m not sure if it will hold as tight, but it works well for me so far!
I’m trying new things in Feb so will definitely share more favorites next month!