Its been awhile since I’ve given a mom life update. In truth, its kinda been kicking my you know what lately. Little J is busy and active as ever, I’ve been a single mom more days than I’d like to remember, blog life is busier so the juggle is crazy hard, and so many other things I can’t even think of right now. Life is just a little bit crazy, and while its such a blessing, it can be very stressful. We are just taking it day by day. Here are few things we’ve been up to lately….
- Jaxson is headed to preschool in the Fall and we’ve been researching, visiting and deciding which school to send him to. Our first choice is on waitlist basis, so we are praying he gets in. Who knew choosing a school for an almost 3 year old would be so difficult and time consuming. I’m pretty sure when my mom was thinking about preschool, she just choose that one that was walking distance to our house and one that was FREE. Nowadays its like a intro to college with a tuition to match.
- My mom is traveling for several months and so my primary source of help is nonexistent. Currently, I’m debating between getting him a sitter for 10-15 hours a week or enroll in a part-time early preschool/daycare. Pro of getting a sitter is that he’ll be home, and the pro of a school setting is the socialization. The con of both is having strangers watch him which we’ve never done….so that is terrifying.
- Little J is developing quite the personality. He talks in sentences (3 or more words) and his favorite right now is saying, “no, don’t like!”. He definitely knows what he wants and so head strong. I wonder where he gets that!?
- We are planning our first trip to Disney World in a few weeks!
- His favorite sport is soccer. We didn’t sign up for soccer classes this season because its been rainy, but he literally asks to take out his soccer ball every day.
- Little J won’t take any photos with me anymore. Every time my phone comes out, he says “nooooo.” Takes after his dad that way.
- With all the rain, we order Pho a lot and I think its become Jax’s favorite food.
- Jax was climbing out of his crib for a whole week straight in a few weeks ago, and then he just stopped. Almost like he forgot he could do it. We’re thinking about switching him out to a big boy bed, and would love to get him this! So cute!
- Teaching him has been a challenge lately. His attention span is already short and now he just can’t sit still. I use to be able to teach him numbers, letters and read books so easily, and now I’ll be lucky if he can memorize 1 new letter/number a week. This is the primary reason why I like the idea of a early preschool/daycare. A class setting might good for him.
- He is just getting over the flu! I hate when he gets sick. He only wants milk but will quickly throw it up and always looses a ton of weight. Poor baby!