I think wearing athleticwear all day is more than acceptable, some days for me, its necessary. The marriage of athletic and leisure wear is the best thing to happen to women, especially busy moms. While I love to wear dresses and get dressed up, I probably spend about 80% of my days in athleisure. The benefits of working from home, I guess you can say. What is not to love – its convenient, comfortable, flattering and motivates me to actually workout (some days). But comfort & leisure can easily take a bad turn and become drab, so I try to stick to 5 simple rules. Here goes…
- Invest in pieces that combine fashion and function – Cute styles are one thing, but I also love athleisure pieces that are made from performance material, so that is comfortable and absorbing when I do actually make to pilates class.
- Add a pop of color – Neutrals is usually my best friend. But if I want to take my ensemble up a notch, perhaps to go to a brunch date after spin, I try to pull together a brighter ensemble.
- Accessorize appropriately – Big sunglasses, a hat or just cute cross body are necessary things in everyday style, but definitely necessary with athleisure. Sometimes it only take one piece to take your look from gym to…whatever else you’re doing!
- Comfort is key – Since athleisure is usually worn for the better part of my day, I look for comfortable pieces that will hold up for whatever I’m doing – playdates, coffee runs, Target runs, etc etc.
- Find the right fit – It goes without saying, you want to stay away from muffin tops or see-through leggings.
I was recently introduced to Tory Sport activewear when the brand held a pop-up shop at South Coast Plaza. I am already a fan of the flagship brand, Tory Burch, so its not surprising I loved EVERYTHING from Tory Sport just as much. The pieces are sporty yet stylish and feminine. I love the vibrant colors and clean lines. My absolute favorite thing from Tory Sport’s current collection are these ruffled sneakers. My affinity towards ruffles is pretty obvious, so when I saw these sneakers I knew I had to have them!
Outfit Details Here:
Photography by Gabi Wells